Dr. med. Guillermo Ramirez, Tenerife´s leading multilingual private-dermatologist, offers a wealth of dermatologic experience in both cosmetic and medical treatments. Born in southern Spain and raised in Spain, Canada and Germany, Dr. Ramirez is passionate about the skin health and skin care of Canarians. With his unique approach to dermatology treatment in Tenerife and Gran Canaria, Dr. Ramirez not only aims to diagnose and prescribe the most common skin issues–from acne to psoriasis–but places a unique emphasis on education and building a relationship with each of his patients.
A graduate of the Universidad de Murcia School of Medicine, with rotations in Canada and Germany, Dr. Ramirez was initially drawn to the breadth of care offered in the field of dermatology: from acne, to botox, to skin cancer treatments, dermatology is an expansive practice with a range of unique services. On the forefront of dermatological medicine, Dr. Ramirez enjoys both the simple, everyday aspects of dermatological practice and more critical elements of the job.
Dr. Thesis and board certification for Dermatology in Germany (Dresden/Berlín).
Dr. Ramirez strives to provide personalized experiences for every patient so that he can understand their story, not just their skin problem. He combines the sophistication of cutting-edge medicine along with the careful attention and intimacy of a down-to-earth, neighborhood doctor. Dr. Ramírez has found great fulfillment in his field, whether in the provision of life-saving skin cancer treatment or simply helping patients of all ages, classes, and colors feel confident about their appearance.
Instead of relying first and foremost on pharmaceuticals, he prefers to customize treatment plans for the most effective, least invasive strategy. His expertise has been featured not only in Dermatology congress publications and medical journals, but on local newspapers and radio.
Dr. Ramirez actively promotes the importance of maintaining healthy skin. He continues to contribute to the community with yearly skin prevention street-campaigns.
The preferred dermatologist of international and canarian patients, Dr. med. Guillermo Ramirez´s offices can be found in Tenerife south (Los Cristianos / Adeje), Tenerife north ( Santa Cruz de Tenerife / Puerto de la Cruz).
1995 – 2002. Schooling in Spain, Canada and Germany.
- 2008. Medical doctor graduation at Universidad de Murcia, Spain
- 2008-2012. Cum laude-graded PhD by the Technische Universität Dresden (Germany) with the topic: Influence of orally administered rotenone over alpha-synuclein´s expression in the enteric nervous system.
2008-2014. Dermatology residency at: the Universitätsklinikum Dresden, Germany.
Carl-Thiem Klinikum, Charité´s academic hospital, Berlin, Germany.
Primary care Dermatology including cosmetic/aesthetic Dermatology in Berlin:
-Dr. Thomas Bauer
- 2014. German board certification exam for Dermatology and Venereology, Berlin, Germany
- 2015. Cosmetic/aesthetic fellowship with plastic surgeons Dr. Marcus Fritsch and Dr. Marco Gregori.
- 2016. Postgraduate studies in Dermatologic Inflammatory Disorders, Universidad Cardenal Herrera, Madrid.
- 2016. Postgraduate studies in Dermatologic Oncology and Infections , Universidad Cardenal Herrera, Madrid, Spain.
- 2017. Master in Clinical Dermatology, Universidad Cardenal Herrera, Madrid, Spain.
2018. International Master in Aesthetic Dermatology, Academia Española de Dermatología y Venereología, Universidad de Alcalá, Spain